Awesome Detail Of Geeky Tattoo
I got my Batman Tattoo done today! I’ll add “sometimes you have to be your own hero” to it next time. It means a lot to me, because I’ve been betrayed and got cheated on a lot lately and it makes me remember that at the end of the day all I have and all I need is myself.
Alright! sailorscoutsuniteee asked for a picture of my tattoos! Here they are, in order of me getting them with descriptions below. :)
1. “We need never be hopeless because we can never be irreparably broken.” along with the Tree of Gondor from Lord of the Rings.
- The quote is from Looking for Alaska by John Green and is a reminder to me that no matter how bad things get or how hopeless things seem, things will get better and God has a plan for me. The tree is because I love Lord of the Rings with everything in me and it’s to show how much it has shaped my life. Also it’s with the quote because Gondor seemed hopeless and broken but then Aragorn helped and because king and everything was good again!
- Since I read the books, Harry Potter has been a HUGE part of my life and stories that have been with me even through friendlessness, hopelessness and the abuse of my parents. The stories teach love and loyalty and never giving up and that means everything to me. The quotes “Always” is from Severus Snape and has always stuck out to me as Snape is my favorite character and I absolutely love his endless love and loyalty for Lily Evans/Potter. I made the A the Deathly Hallows symbol because I think it looks cool and to show with certainty that it’s a Harry Potter reference. Also making Harry’s lightning scar the line for the Hallows mark was just a change I thought would look rad. :)
3. “You are what you love” in a book
- Fall Out Boy has been my favorite band since 2006 and even longer than most of my other fandoms (ie: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Marvel) has kept me going with encouragement when it wasn’t found in a lot of other places. I had Fall Out Boy moving across country to a new home and new school and when I wasn’t allowed to go hang out with people because of my parents so I really wanted some of their lyrics to show how much they mean, I put it in a book because books are basically what I love above everything else. Also this tattoo was designed by my friend Anna who gave me the idea of putting the lyrics in the book.
4. “Bind my wandering heart to thee.”
- Lines from my favorite hymn and also a reminder to stay close to God, the one who has given me everything and who loves me no matter what I do. :)